Japanese Honey-Suckle & Wild Chrysanthemum Tea
Dispel ‘heatiness’ and guard against the onset of an approaching flu with this recipe. Ingredients: (Serves 1)
- Honeysuckle (金银花, Jin Yin Hua), 1 tablespoon
- Wild Chrysanthemum Flowers (野菊花, Ye Ju Hua), 1 tablespoon
- Rock S ugar (冰糖, Bing Tang), 1 teaspoon
- Water, 2 ½ bowls
- Rinse the honeysuckle and wild chrysanthemum flowers using water.
- Place the cleaned honeysuckle and wild chrysanthemum flowers in a pot and add 2 ½ bowls of water.
- Bring the water in the pot to a boil over medium heat.
- Cover the pot and let the water simmer for 20 mins under low heat.
- After 20 mins add rock sugar.
- Turn off the fire once all the rock sugar has completely dissolved.
- The tea is ready for consumption. Place in a bottle and consume gradually throughout the day.